Welcome to Episode 16 of Catching Your Breath: The Podcast, with Steve Austin. This is part 2 of "The Power of Saying No." If you listen to this episode, you'll gain practical, powerful tips and techniques for saying "no."
Save $50 when you enroll in Steve's new course, "Embracing Your True Self in a World of Fakers," when you sign up at catchingyourbreath.courses, using discount code: CYB50. Discount Expires 3/26 at 5pm CST.
You can also sign up for bonus materials and weekly giveaways at cybpod.com
Welcome to Catching Your Breath: The Podcast, with Steve Austin. Episode 15 is part 1 of a 2-part series called, "The Power of Saying No."
Most children go through a phase where their favorite word is "No". That's because no is a power word. It gives us a definite sense of self. This means saying "No" is an ideal opportunity to rediscover your priorities and sense of who you are.
Until we learn to say "No" we continue to be overwhelmed with too much to do and not enough time. Have you noticed that it's usually important things impacted by not saying "No", like quality time with self or family, our health and our stress levels?
Whether you learn to say "No" more often, or just learn to say "Yes" on your terms, it's time to release yourself from the burden of pleasing others. Give yourself time and freedom to be, and do, what matters to you. Let's get started!
Stay tuned next week for part two, where we'll dive into even more practical ways to say no.
Follow the blog at iamsteveaustin.com
Welcome message from Tracy of Reboots Podcast (rebootspodcast.com)
Intro music, "Weak Sometimes" by Devin Balram (noisetrade.com/devinbalram)
Welcome to Episode 14 of Catching Your Breath: The Podcast, with Steve Austin. Episode Title: What to do When You're Drowning (with Special Guest: Robert Vore).
This week's questions:
- What advice would you give to someone who feels like they’re drowning?
- You're a working dad. What advice would you give to anxious and/or stressed out parents?
- What advice would you give someone walking through a divorce that includes years of lying, secrecy, and abuse?
- How does the story we believe about ourselves play into the sense that we’re drowning?
Robert Vore is an Atlanta-area counselor who works with youth, adolescents, and young adults to help move past barriers and live into their most whole & healthy lives. He works with areas such as depression, suicidality, anxiety, school/social concerns, transitions, and more.
Robert offers trainings for churches, ministries, schools, and other groups wanting to learn more about mental health. Training topics include Suicide Prevention (which includes a certification), the intersections of faith & mental health, brain development in youth, maintaining your mental health while working in ministry, and more.
You can follow Robert at robert-vore.com and subscribe to the CXMH Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Play or wherever you listen to great podcast content.
Welcome to Catching Your Breath: The Podcast. You’re listening to episode thirteen: 25 Elements of an Emotionally Healthy Life. I’m so glad you’re here. You can follow my blog at iamsteveaustin.com and follow me on facebook at facebook.com/graceismessy to get a new “Sunday with Steve” video every single week.
You can also snag a free audiobook by signing up at audible.cybpod.com today.
If you listen to this episode, you’ll learn 25 must-haves in order to live your most emotionally healthy and balanced life.
Looking for more? Sign up for my FREE webinar: 14 Easy Ways to Master Your Emotions (just click here).
For just $5 per month, you get an exclusive weekly affirmation or guided meditation to boost your mood, encourage your spirit, and calm your mind. You can sign up and support my work at support.cybpod.com
I’d love for you to join the Catching Your Breath Academy. You can get all the details, plus for 1 free month by going to catchingyourbeath.courses, clicking on The Academy, and using the discount code 1FREEMONTH at checkout.
Would you head over to iTunes and leave a 5-star rating and review? It helps me so much, by inviting other people on the sacred journey from chaos to calm.
Welcome to episode 12 of Catching Your Breath: The Podcast, with Steve Austin.
If you listen to this episode, "How to Handle Birds of Prey," you'll learn to embrace yourself and take your power back from your critics.
In the first half of this episode, we’ll talk about the importance of accepting rejection & 6 rules for dealing with negative people.
And in part 2, I’ll tell you how to download this week’s free action guide: Dealing Effectively with Unwarranted Criticism in Life and at Work.
Plus, I’ll remind you just how crucial it is to stop comparing yourself with others.
Are you packed and ready? Let’s go!
- Get a free Audible trial at audible.cybpod.com today.
- Support the show at support.cybpod.com right now.
- Get this week's free action guide at episode12.cybpod.com
- Leave a 5-star rating and review on iTunes - just click here.
Welcome to episode 11 of Catching Your Breath: The Podcast, with Steve Austin. Self-sabotage is running rampant in the lives of people I know, both in my clients and in people I know personally.
If you listen to this episode, you’re going to understand how to identify destructive behavior in your own life, and you’ll walk away with tools to start changing the tapes that play in your head.
In part two of today’s episode, we’ll talk about some common self-destructive beliefs and see if you have any of them. And you can download this week’s free action guide: a worksheet that will help you identify and stop your self-defeating behaviors, by going to episode11.cybpod.com right now.
In part 3, I’ll lead you through the 7 steps to banish a limiting belief.
Are you packed and ready? Let’s go!
Welcome to Catching Your Breath: The Podcast. You’re listening to episode 10: When Your Marriage is Overwhelming
- I’m so glad you’re here! It’s February: the month of love. So this month, we’re going to be focusing on relationships. And today, I’m so excited to share with you a bonus chapter from my new book, Catching Your Breath: The Sacred Journey from Chaos to Calm. This marriage chapter didn’t make it into the new book, but I think the material is just too helpful not to share.
- In this episode, I'll also tell you how to download my free action guide: 5 Habits of Happily Married Couples (Click here)
- In part three of this episode, I'll lead you in a guided meditation on resolving conflict in any relationship.
- Sign up for a free Audible trial by clicking right here.
- And check out my list of recommended readings (just click here).
- Follow my blog.
- Enroll in the Catching Your Breath Academy
See ya next week!
Thanks for listening to Catching Your Breath: The Podcast, with Steve Austin. In Episode 9, we’re talking about the transformative power of empathy and compassion.
- Brene Brown video on empathy - https://youtu.be/1Evwgu369Jw
Get your copy of Brene Brown’s book, “I Thought it was Just Me (but it isn’t)”, plus my brand-new list of recommended reading by going to reading.cybpod.com today!
- 7 ways to be more empathetic and understanding
Sign up and support Catching Your Breath at support.cybpod.com
This week’s free giveaway is a worksheet on how to banish that fear of rejection. Just go to episode9.cybpod.com today to download yours!
Sign up for February’s course on The Power of 1. Each day for 30 days, you’ll get a new lesson on the transformative power of empathy and compassion. The course begins Monday, February 4th, and you can sign up today by clicking here https://iamsteveaustin.com/vip-courses/
To sweeten the deal, if you use the discount code CYB50 this week only, you’ll save 50% off the monthly or annual plan. Sign up here https://iamsteveaustin.com/vip-courses/
In Episode 8 of Catching Your Breath: The Podcast (with Steve Austin), Steve continues the talk from last week about self-worth.
Questions this week:
- What's the difference between self-worth and self-esteem? What about self-confidence?
- Does self-worth have an impact on your relationships?
- If you have feelings of low self-worth, how can you boost it?
- Do affirmations have any real impact on your self-worth?
- Listener question: I have a strong desire to be approved and accepted - is there a way out of this trap?
Additional show notes:
Steve's Social Media:
Welcome back to Catching Your Breath: The Podcast, with Steve Austin.
Let me ask you something: Self-worth… Is it important?
Of course, it is.
If you can’t appreciate yourself, how can you expect anyone else to? How can you expect to value others, if it’s too difficult to value yourself?
We all struggle with this at times, but learning to accept and love yourself is one of the most powerful steps you can take on the road to success.
In fact, if you do nothing else but truly learn your real worth, a lot of the other things in your life will start to fall into place.
This episode is the perfect place to start your journey towards self-worth.
- Download today’s free action guides by going to http://episode7.cybpod.com/ and start transforming your life today.
- If you’d like to dive deeper into rebuilding your self-worth, I’d love to help. Email me at email@example.com to talk about private coaching opportunities. And check out my monthly self-help courses at iamsteveaustin.com.
- If you’ve found this material valuable, would you go to iTunes and leave a 5-star rating and review? It helps me SO much.
- Enrollment is now open for the Catching Your Breath Academy! For as little as $10 per month, you get access to our private community, plus accountability, coaching, and life-changing self-help content. Get all the details and enroll today by going to iamsteveaustin.com and clicking on the “VIP Courses” link at the top of the page.